Thursday, September 18, 2008

Juggling Life and Pressing On


Where have I been? Summer flew by with great fun and enjoyment. Here is a summary of what I have been up to.




June-We went on vacation with my parents and my brother. We enjoyed watching the dolphins from the balcony and feeling the little bitty fish nibble our feet and legs. I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to the next one.




July-I turned 37 on the 15th. It was a normal type day, except that my hubby got me a cookie cake (my favorite). We went to the Station House for dinner with my friend who has a birthday on the 13th over the weekend.




August-My baby started pre-K. It took me a few weeks to get over the fact that she was gone and the house was quiet, but I have started settling in now and am beginning to enjoy it. School started for me on the 20th.




September-Work, school, and back pain. My back is known for "going out" at the most unusual times. Buttoning my pants, putting on deoderant, getting koolaid off the shelf, and bending over are just a few of the activities that can set it off. It went out near the end of August and I went to the doctor only to find that my back was s-shaped. I did some physical therapy to strengthen the muscles and was feeling better, when...it went out again. So, I am dealing with it again. My desk chair is the only chair that I can get out of without a great deal of pain, sooo.....anyways, I am trying to take it easy. At least the muscle spasms haven't come with this back attack.




What has been up with you?




Here is my verse for today (it is quite fitting for where I am at today):








Pressing On,



1 comment:

Carole said...

Welcome back, Janis! Summer breaks are wonderful for families, and I'm glad you had such a good time.

My daughter is leaving next Wednesday for Germany where she will lead a campus ministry that's starting at Tuebingen University. She is my total focus right now; I'm very proud of her, but will miss her so much.

Our minister is preaching from Philippians, and your verse is in this Sunday's text. It really speaks to me also.

I pray that your exercises will help your back.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online