Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Recap


I can definitely say without a doubt that yesterday was the best Valentine's Day that I have ever had. No, I did not get diamonds or gold, but I got something much more important. I had the pleasure (and pride) of watching my family love on each other. I decided that we were each going to tell or write a note to each other describing why we love them. I wrote my notes to my hubby and the kids, KA wrote her notes, A just told each person that she loves them (she is just 4), J went around to each person and told why he loved them and played us a song on his sax, and my hubby told each child and me what he loved most about each of us. It had me crying at a few points, just because it was so touching. I bought the kidlets some candy and hubby brought them candy as well. We turned it from just a holiday for us to a holiday for the entire family, which was so much better. Yes, I did receive my coveted box of Turtles that I receive every year, but I also received a memory that will last a lifetime, which is much longer than the Turtles will last! What did you do for Valentine's Day?


Smiles and Loves! Janis

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We did that same kind of thing! After we ate dinner everyone had to go around the table and say what they loved about each person. It really got different (funny) stories going. Glad you had fun too!

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

They look adorable in that picture!



I tagged ya:

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/03/am-i-weird.html

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online