Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book Reviews, Life, and Other Stuff

Normally, I review Christian fiction on my blog at The Nearsighted Bookworm, but I have been privileged this week to get to review two non-fiction books that I think that you will enjoy. The first, "The Mom I Want to Be," explores how we move past our past experiences to become the mom that we are desiring to be deep in our heart. T. Suzanne Eller wrote this wonderful book that I really enjoyed.

The second book, "Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy With God," is full of Susan Hill's personal experiences of her journey to a closer walk with God. This book came at a time that I really needed some encouragement and was such a blessing to me. To learn more about these two books, jump over to The Nearsighted Bookworm to read the reviews. I also have a giveaway going on that ends Friday for the fictional book, "Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear," if you are interested.

Life just goes on and on and on. Here is a countdown of my last week:

Last Tuesday-Thursday-My four-year old has stomach virus. Not fun.
Last Friday-Sunday-My eight-year old goes from fever and not feeling well on Friday night and Saturday to stomach virus on Sunday. Still not fun.
Monday-My twelve year old stays home from school with fever, cough, and congestion.
Tuesday-My four year old and hubby have fever and not feeling well
Wednesday-Repeat of yesterday so far.

What is going on in my house? I am going to bathe it in Lysol today. It is soooo getting on my nerves! Oh, that is not to mention the Two tests that I need to do this week for New Testament Survey and Sociology, nor the fifteen articles and 15 rewrites that I needed to get done this week. If you think about it, send up a prayer for me! I am sure going to need it! I am down to 1 test, 13 articles and 7 rewrites as of this minute. I am going to go curl up on the couch with my sick baby and work on the laptop for the rest of the day. What has your week been like? I hope that everyone is well!

Have a blessed day! Janis

2 comments:

Suzanne Eller said...

Thanks for the great review of The Mom I Want to Be. I appreciate you!

Suzanne Eller

Karen said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear everyone has been sick at your house :(

C has been sick for three days. He was miserable last night with fever and vomiting - in Louisiana. He'll be home tonight...still sick. I hope he keeps it to himself.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online