Monday, January 28, 2008

When Life Is Good...

The tendency is to lay off of Bible study and just do it under our own power. I find this especially true in my own life. Life has been pretty average lately, with no major ups and downs, and this is the worst time for me in regards to my time in the Word. It should not be that way, however. We should use this time to gain strength for the coming battle ahead - for it is sure to come. No battles yet that I can see, but I did spend time with God this morning. I don't want to be overcome by the storms. I want to weather them with grace and peace. By spending time with Him every single day - no matter whether life is good or not, I can gain that strength. God was just waiting on me to realize that I need Him all the time. Not just during the bad times. Why did it take 36 years to figure this out? I must be a S-L-O-W learner! God is so patient with me and I thank Him for that. I surely must be frustrating to Him, yet He still loves me. That is so amazing to me! What has God been speaking to You about this week? Share with me via email (Words2Moms@aol.com) or leave a comment.

Don't forget to sign up to win 101 Cups of Water over at The Nearsighted Bookworm. The drawing is February 1st! Smiles and Loves! Janis

2 comments:

Brandi H. Roberts said...

Hi Janis, I'm offering "One Smooth Stone" by Marcia Laycock to anyone who will review it on their blog free of charge. It had been previously set to run in the CFBA, but due to differences in publisher laws in Canada, it had to be canceled. I have about 100 copies to give, so if you're interested, e-mail me at brandihroberts@gmail.com

Angi said...

So true! I am 36 too, and God still has to bonk me over the head sometimes! I am quick to run to His Word when times are tough, but in the average/good times I don't seek Him the way I should. Thanks for the reminder that I need Him ALL the time!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online