Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday


What are you thankful for today? Do you have an attitude of gratitude to God for everything He has done for you?


I am thankful for:

1)Sweet tea. I just love the taste of cold, sweet tea. Nothing else quite measures up when it is hot outside (except for water).

2)Trees. I can see trees in my front yard as I sit and work/study/read blogs. Sometimes they just mesmerize me with their swaying (or maybe I am just procrastinating from working/studying).

3)My husband. Even when I fall into a hole at church and jar my entire body to the point that my hair comes out of the hairclip, he can still make me laugh. Now, I didn't want to laugh, because I wanted to be whiny, but he made me laugh anyways.

4)My kids. I told my oldest daughter that I had fell at church and she said, "But, mommy, you did really good when I quizzed you on the questions the other day. Why did you fail?" Yes, my children listen to me so well.

5)The never-ending laundry pile. I am thankful that we all have entirely too many outfits. Otherwise, what would I do all day?

6)The pile of dishes in the sink. That means we have had food to eat this week.

7)I am thankful for God's sense of humor. He made me, didn't He?


In all things, be thankful. No matter if it is scrubbing toilets or having a massage, if you go into it with the right attitude, you can have an attitude of thankfulness and praise.


Smiles and Loves! Janis

3 comments:

ellen b said...

Your list made me smile :)
Blessings

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Hi Janis,
I found your blog through the Christian Womens BlogRing. I love your blog- the humor is great.
I'll be stopping back soon.
Cheri

Angie said...

What a great perspective! I loved it! The dishes...the dirty laundry...everything! Sorry about the "hole in the ground"....but no broke leg right?
(Couldn't help but smile)
God bless you!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online