Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thankfulness is Contagious!


I wasn't planning to do a Thankful Thursday post today, simply because I need to get some work done today, but God had other plans. I was catching up on a few blogs that I read and as I read other people's lists, I kept thinking of things that I was thankful for today, too. Thankfulness and gratitude to God for all He does for us is contagious! Here is my list for today!

1-I am thankful for the "girlfriend" time that I spent with the Bible Study group last night. It was just what I needed.
2-I am thankful that J is settling into middle school and beginning to enjoy it. He chose an instrument (saxophone) for the band and is excited about learning to play it.
3-I am thankful that K likes her teacher. I was a little thrown off by the choice, as it was not the one that I expected, but she really enjoys her class and that is what is important.
4-I am thankful for the time I get to spend with A alone while the big kids are at school. Next year, she will be joining her sister at elementary.
5-I am thankful for my dear love, P. He is so good to me. I really don't deserve him, but am so thankful that God has seen fit to join me with him.
6-I am thankful for music. Sometimes, all I need is to listen to God speaking to me through music and my entire mood changes. It is quite amazing.
7-I am thankful that I won Laurel's blogiversary gift. I received the Bible study this week and am hoping to get started on it the next week or so after I finish the one I am currently working on.
8-I am thankful for air conditioning. It is HOT down south right now!
9-I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful.

"Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7

Be thankful. Smiles and Loves! Janis

5 comments:

Laurel Wreath said...

What a great list, I too am thankful for air conditioning. It is very hot in Florida!

allhisblessings said...

What a terrific list!

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful list sweety.

MJS4Him said...

Wonderful list. It was a blessing to read. THanks for sharing.

eph2810 said...

I am thrilled that other's Thankful post was contagious, Janis *smile*...
Going into a new school-year is always a little tough at first - I am glad that your kids are liking it so far...
Music has always been very special to me. I can hear a song for a while and than all of a sudden it'll hit me.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online