Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Thankfulness is a learned art, I believe. I don't think that you are born with thankfulness. It comes from times of valleys in your life - when you realize that everything is not all beautiful and sunny. These valleys help to turn you into the person that you are - full of life and experiences. Today, I am thankful for those experiences - both good and bad - that have made me into the woman that I am today. Without them, I would not be where I am in my relationship with God and with others. Other things that I am thankful for.

- My husband. He is supporting me in going back to school even though he realizes that it is going to make my life crazier, which in turn, will affect his life. He is my biggest fan!

- My children. They are my joy. I always wanted to be a mommy and I am so proud that they are mine to love on!

- My mom. Although we had problems when I was a teenager, she is my best friend today. I can't imagine my life without her!

- My church friends. I have a few really close friends from our Bible Study group that I would trust with my life. They are such a blessing!

- Sheri at Lee U. She has been such a help to me getting everything together for school. She has went above and beyond in her assistance.

- I am just overflowing with thankfulness today for everyone and everything in my life. I just feel so blessed!

What are you thankful for today? Join Iris and the other participants to share your thankfulness! Blessings to you!

Smiles and Loves! Janis

5 comments:

ellen b said...

Continued blessings that a thankful heart brings to your life. Have fun going back to school!

Laurel Wreath said...

It is so exciting you are going back to school, this is a great list of blessings. Have a great weekend.

Angie said...

That is the sweetest post! I hope and pray that one day my daughters will say that I am their best friend as well!!!
Your list is great!

eph2810 said...

Janis, it is so true the valleys in our life make the people we are. With His strength we can climb out of those valleys to share with others our experiences.
How neat that you are going back to school and they your hubby is supportive of it.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Cyndi said...

Oh, I can't wait to read more about school. I'm so excited for you!! And, what a blessing that your husband is cheering you on. I think that is precious. I'll be praying for you as you get the semester started!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online