Monday, August 6, 2007

Isolation




I don't know if this is a problem that everyone struggles with or not, but isolation is one way that Satan uses to throw me off track. I find myself not going to Bible study, not going to eat with my Church friends, and even missing church until I begin to feel isolated and alone. Then it begins a cycle of depression and loneliness that is hard to crawl out of. I am an introverted and introspective creature by nature. I would much rather be at home with my family than anywhere else most of the time. This inclination tends to become a problem if I allow it to.

Last Sunday when I went to church, I could just feel the isolation on me. I had to make myself praise God during praise and worship. I told my husband that I felt like I was not a part of the service. I smiled and put on my "mask" that everything was okay, but inside, I was not doing well. Wednesday night, instead of Bible study, our group went to the new church to work. I chose not to go, because 1. they were working and 2. the kids were starting school the next morning and I wanted to get them to bed. This weekend, I have been dealing with muscle stiffness and pain in my neck, so I chose to stay home from church yesterday.

Usually, all of these circumstances would throw me into a deep, dark hole, but I can tell a difference in this time, because I see how Satan is using it against me. That is why I am writing it here. This is notification to my mind and to Satan that I am not going to take on that depression this week. I am a daughter of the King, and as such, I have the power over the enemy. Depression and loneliness have no place in my mind and heart. God gave me "love, power, and a sound mind." You hear that Satan? I have the power over you through Christ and a SOUND MIND! This means that there is no room for you and your chaos in my mind. I praise God for the power and sound mind!

Do you tend to isolate yourself? If you do and are beginning to feel it creep into your life, then stop and give Satan the boot. God's daughters are not alone. We have the One who is with us all the time-God. We have "love, power, and a sound mind." We only have to claim them!

Smiles and Loves! Janis

2 comments:

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

I've never thought of it as isolating myself, but I do get tired of being around people. I deal with people all day long at my job and, by the end of the day, I do look forward to going home and turning things off. I do also pine for some alone time at home since I have three kids and a hubby. He's much more inclined to want to be with me 24/7 and I do relish some time (usually late at night) to watch my own TV shows, read, have a cup of tea without interruption, etc. Don't beat yourself up over it, though. It's not all bad to not want to be social. Being introverted doesn't mean you don't like being around people. It just means you prefer smaller groups of people you know well.

Erna said...

Keep speaking out those positive words that place yourself in the line of where Christ wants you to be! I could so relate to what you said, "Last Sunday when I went to church, I could just feel the isolation on me. I had to make myself praise God during praise and worship." I pretty much felt the same this past Sunday. I had to choose to praise the Lord despite my emotions. Tears flowed during the "Praise Event" at our church. I often feel very lonely at our church b/c we can't get involved as we would like due to constraints & schedules. It makes it hard to get to know others and one can easily feel isolated. Thanks for sharing from your heart so honestly and reminding us to give the enemy "the boot." Hugs to you Janis!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online