Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah

WARNING! This post is about random thoughts running through my head.

This is a week of trying to get back into the swing of things since the two oldest have started back to school. Mornings filled with dropping off two kids at two different schools and running back home to throw a load of laundry in and getting breakfast. Dressing the youngest, listening to Mickey's Clubhouse, Higglytown Heroes (have you ever noticed how their songs stick in your brain?), and Doodlebops( who also haunt my brain), while trying to write articles about air pollution, eczema, and other world problems. Eating lunch, having "quiet time" (my nap time, even if the youngest doesn't nap sometimes), and then making the two stops to pick up the oldest ones from school.

Thoughts just swirl through my head. Thinking about the "big move" in the spring has me all tense and excited. Getting this house ready to put on the market has my brain working full time. Lots of thoughts run through my head. How is it going to feel when we have more than one bathroom? What is it going to be like when I can cook in the kitchen with the kids without running all over them? I know God has that perfect house out there, but it is very scary to go from a smallish house payment to a larger one. Unfortunately, however, we are simply running out of room. Getting this house ready for sale has me a little stressed, but I am going to make a list and do it a little at a time, so that it will not be all on top of me in February.

Christmas is right around the corner, too. I have bought a few things for the kids that I have ran across. I really want it to be a light Christmas. Otherwise, we will just have to pack it and we definitely have enough to pack! A new house with lots of room is much better than lots of gifts that they will play with one time and then lose the pieces to.

I am so tired lately. I feel like I need a break from life. Do you ever think about just taking a weekend for yourself? I just want to go hangout at the beach alone and read, eat, and sleep. I have been saying that I am going to do that for a few years, but haven't done it as of yet.

If you are still hanging in there, I hope you have a good day! I am!

Blessings to you! Smiles and Loves! Janis

6 comments:

Laurel Wreath said...

This is a busy time of the year with school starting. I know what you are feeling. I too have kids in two different schools, it is tough.

Hang in there =)

Karen said...

I didn't know you had decided to move! How exciting!! I can't imagine trying to pack everything in our house up, so good luck in getting prepared for that :)

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

That's so exciting about your new house, isn't it? Even though there is so much working and planning... Christmas always sneaks up on me and I've kind of resigned myself to take **joy** in the last minute rush. And, I can soooooo relate to relishing some alone time. I think it's good for the soul, but honestly, guilt keeps me from actually doing it.
Blessings to you!

Judith said...

It's been so long since I dealt with the kids and schools, and too many moves, but I so remember feeling like there's no break anywhere. So if you get even fifteen minutes, let all the "busy" stuff set that long, and at least take a deep breath.

Lisa writes... said...

Christmas!?! RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER?!? Didn't we JUST have Christmas? Gee, Janis, just the stress I needed today! I'm a total Grinch, remember? :-)

I'll one up you and Laurel both--three schools, drop off and pick up both! And next year (08) I'll four kids in four schools!

Hang in there--lots to do, but lots to look forward to as well!

Erna said...

How exciting to make a move . . .yet, stressful indeed. Oh . . . more than one bathroom! We made that move back when Rachel was a little over one and we're so glad!

Christmas . . . wow! Thinking of that already? I have to tackle starting homeschooling, a birthday, and then I can launch into that one. Having said all that, I already know some of the gifts we plan to get some family members. So, I guess I've been thinking of it too. :0)

Weekend away alone . . . sounds nice at times but I think I'd go home after the first hour. LOL!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online