Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vacationing At Home

My husband is on vacation this week and our finances are not quite up to supporting another trip to the beach. BOOHOO! Many people claim to love taking a vacation at home, but I find that it is just like any other day. Laundry to do, dishes to wash, meals to cook, and work to do. Yes, I could just let everything pile up, but then I would have all of that to do next week on top of next weeks chores, so I am just doing it with a smile on my face. My husband is having more fun than me-goofing off, playing golf, and playing on the computer, but being at home just reminds me of how much needs to be done. Oh, well. At least I have a writer's conference and family trip to look forward to in October!

What are you up to this week? I hope that your week is going smoothly. Check out my book blog at www.thenearsightedbookworm.blogspot.com for new book reviews and a book giveaway. I should have those posts up in a bit.

Blessings to you! Smiles and Loves! Janis

4 comments:

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

We took vacation at home in June and were at the tail end of adding onto our house and it was NOT a vacation at all. Three kids, 5 contractors and carpenters and all the stuff you mention did not equal R&R. My husband is taking another "vacation" at home next week but I'm working!

Erna said...

We have a lot of "vacations" at home when Adam is off for a week (once a month b/c he works 12-hour rotating shifts). Yet, they aren't really vacations like you said but it certainly is a treat having Daddy home and just taking the girls to various parks. We tend to spend a lot of time together amidst the normal routines of life. There are the odd day trips, which are nice.

We just finished "that kind of week" around here and Adam is going back to work now. I guess with him working shifts and barely around (or not around at all some days) with the girls on the 12-hour shifts it really is a bit of a "break" for me.

Linda said...

Enjoy your vacation at home. It sounds like you already have the right attitued about it. I just found your blog and have been reading some of your posts and have enjoyed them. I can relate to the age and weight thing.
Blessings

Cyndi said...

Oh, a "vacation at home" sounds like just the best! I would love that! I hope it was wonderful. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online