Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Birthdays, Weight Loss, and Life


My birthdays are not my favorite day of the year. I turned 36 on Sunday and it really hit me that I am on the downward slope of my 30's. I should be smarter and wiser than I am now. I still feel like that unsure teenager, instead of a woman that is 36 with three kids. I asked my grandma if she felt 83 and she said that she felt it physically but not mentally. I guess that is just normal.


My journey to a healthier me is going okay. I maintained for last week, but after the huge loss the week before, I was just glad to stay the same. I have been kicking booty this week with my eating and exercise though, so hopefully there will be a loss on Friday.


God is sooo working on me lately. I have been reading "Living a Purposeful Life" by Jan Johnson and it is really blessing me. I have also been reading in Esther and am finding new little tidbits in there that I have missed before. Isn't that awesome how that works? Even though you may have read a passage of the Bible 100 times, God can still make it new to you. I just LOVE that!


I am getting my paperwork together to start college again in the fall. Scary, but exciting all at the same time. I will be taking online classes until my youngest starts school next fall and then I will probably take some classes on campus. I love going to school. I know, I am weird.


God is so richly blessing our lives. I am so overwhelmed at the opportunities that He has put in front of me. Isn't God good?


What is God doing for you right now?


Smiles and Loves! Janis

9 comments:

Laurel Wreath said...

Happy Belated Birthday, I dont look forward to birthday's either. I also am 36, so we will go down the slope together =) Good luck in getting healtier!! What will you be studying? Good luck!

Judith said...

Happy Birthday. I remember that turning thirty seemed so old. But you're on the right track about it, college track.

Something about learning something you didn't know, and working toward a goal keeps us young, so congratulation, you're already doing it.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I had known and we could have celebrated somehow!

What are you going to be studying in school?

Erna said...

Happy Birthday!

I think it's great you're going back to school. I always loved learning.

I also love how the Word can come alive time and time again, no matter how many times we've read something. The Bible certainly is the best book that way!!!

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

Happy Birthday! I loved my 30s and turn 40 this year and can't wait! I think it just gets better and better. Good for you for returning to college. What an undertaking!

Christine said...

I love school too. I'd go the rest of my life if I could!!

And I have had the same revelation about never really feeling older- just me in different packaging...

Sue said...

Way to go!
Happy Birthday!
I turned 40 last month and I choose to think about the 40 years of wisdom I have under my belt!

God bless, you are so pretty!
Sue

Cmommy said...

Happy Birthday!! (I love school, too--you're not weird, lol!)

I feel younger in my forties than I did in my thirties. That may have something to do with my oldest entering high school; I'm reliving my past, consulting my memories.

Cyndi said...

Happy belated birthday, Janis!! (I know what you mean about the "downward slop"... I'm turning 40 in just a few weeks! Ack!) But you are SO doing it right- tackling your health and going back to college! You are being such a good steward of the mind and body that God has given you. Good for you! Update us on what you're studying. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online