Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Thankfulness is a lost art, I believe. As I was sitting at the middle school (my old high school) today waiting on J to get out of summer conditioning, I was remembering how I was when I went to school there. I was so ungracious toward my parents. I did not realize how lucky and blessed that I was and am. That was so sad to me. Yes, I was just a teenager back then, but that is really no excuse. Teaching and modeling thankfulness should be something that we all do everyday, so that our children can learn this art from us. How can we create this feeling of gratitude in our children? By being gracious ourselves. Here is my list of things that I am thankful for today.

1. I am thankful for my kids. They are my joy and make me proud every single day.
2. I am thankful for my husband. He supports me in my dreams and in my reality.
3. I am thankful for my friends. I am not an easy person to be a friend to, yet they love me and support me.
4. I am thankful for my parents. They raised me to be the woman that I am today.
5. I am thankful for time. Time has shown me so much about myself, if only I could have learned these lessons earlier.
6. I am thankful for God. He loves me no matter what and that is a miracle in itself.

What are you thankful for today? Visit Iris and read what other bloggers are thankful for.

Smiles and Loves! Janis

2 comments:

Laurel Wreath said...

I am thankful it is almost Friday =) I enjoyed reading your thankful list. Have a great day.

Deena said...

Very cool post...I know I took for granted an awful lot as a kid growing up...and now I long for those days again...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online