Friday, June 8, 2007

Restore to Me


Those of you who have the Glory Revealed CD know this beautiful song that is set to the words in Psalm 51. This song really speaks to me right now. You see, I am feeling tired and dry lately. Nothing major has happened, except that I have allowed life to sneak in and crowd out other more important things and that includes my time with God. We need that time with God to get strength for our days. Without it, we become irritable, tired, and overwhelmed with the details of life. Really, what else matters but God? If I could get that through my thick head, then I think my life would go much smoother, don't you? Here is the passage of scripture from The Message. It is AWESOME!


7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I'll let loose with your praise.

I especially love this part : "God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me. Bring me back from gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails!"

That is what I want from today. God grants us new mercies every single day (and, boy do I need them!). He did not create us to be overwhelmed, stressed, and always going, going, going. We need to be quiet with Him. We need to read His Word. We need to pray to Him. All of these things come together to make us stronger and more able to fight against the wiles of the devil.

Lord, restore to me the joy of Your salvation. I need this joy every single day of my life. No matter what else is going on in my life, remind me to keep my focus on you. For without you, I am nothing. Thank you Lord for your new mercies every single day. Give each person that is reading this a new and fresh desire to spend time with You. Thank You, Lord. AMEN

Let the Lord restore you. Only He can! Smiles and Loves! Janis

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love what you said: "He did not create us to be overwhelmed, stressed, and always going."

SO TRUE! i think we just tend to rush through life at break-neck pace. We DO need to slow down and savor life!

Blessings to you, Janis!

eph2810 said...

Amen, Janis. I totally agree with you. I have really slacked in the last couple of weeks. After time with God and His word this past weekend, I feel much better and my headache is gone too :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts--blessings on your day and always.

Cyndi said...

Oh, I just loved this Janis. Amen and amen. This post was beautiful all around, and I needed it today. Thank you!

Kelly said...

Beautiful--I love the idea of restoration in our lives through Him.

The Preacher's Wife said...

I've been feeling that with you Janis...

And this cd?? oh my goodness...pure heaven...

hope you are having fun at the beach!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online