Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wordless Wednesday-Almost!


Today is supposed to be Wordless Wednesday and it will be in real life. I still don't have much of a voice and my throat hurts, so the only way that I can really communicate is by squeaking the words out or blogging. Sorry, my friends, that you are getting the bad end of the deal!LOL


Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and always has been. I remember when I was younger, my mom would motivate me to do my chores by promising to buy me a "Bobbsey Twin" book. I would read under the covers at night, behind my Bible at church (until my mom caught me), in the bathroom, while eating breakfast, and anywhere else that I could. I am still so much like that, but life has snuck up on me a little more than when I was younger. What excites me? The library, a used bookstore, a yard sale with books, and a friend with a book that she wants me to read. I am so focused on reading books that I check them out in author's alphabetical order from the library. I don't want to miss an author! That is why I am so excited about this new book blog tour that I have joined. What could be better than someone sending me books and allowing me to share them with you! This fun adventure is going to start in June!


Since I am not officially on the blog tour right now and I haven't read any of their books, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite authors. If you see one that I don't seem to have listed, then let me know. You may be giving me a new author to try!


Here are my faves!

Karen Ball

Sylvia Bambola

Gilbert Morris

Lori Wick

Sharon Hinck

Terri Blackstock

Lauraine Snelling

Traci Peterson

Janet Oke

Karen Kingsbury

Michael Phillips

Angela Hunt

and so many more! I am a book junkie! I love the fact that new authors are constantly coming out with Christian based fiction titles! Who are some of your favorites (Christian or not)? I am thinking that I need to round out my list with a few non-fiction titles. Are there any you can recommend to me?


I hope you are having a beautiful day! Smiles and Loves! Janis

8 comments:

Laurel Wreath said...

I hope you feel better soon, I can agree totally with several on your list. I will have to look of the others =))

Denise said...

Praying for you to feel much better soon.

Julie said...

Oh Janis, bless your heart. I pray that God has mercy on you and heals you quickly!

BTW~ I just finished reading an outstanding book by Angela Hunt, "Uncharted". It was truly a page-turner. Amazing!

storyline said...

Welcome to the blog tours! I am discovering new authors by participating. Happy reading from one book enthusiast to another.

Susanne said...

A lot of yours are my favorites too! Have you read "Uncharted" by Angela Hunt? Fantastic! Have you tried Dee Henderson, Beverly Lewis, or Robin Lee Hatcher?

I hope your are feeling better soon!

Susanne said...

oops! I just read Julie beat me to recommending "uncharted". :vD

Christine said...

Read, girl, read! I don't get to read now nearly as much as I used to, go figure. But I'll look forward to your reviews! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Deena said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well...

As for my favorite authors, check out my blog at
http://deenasbooks.blogspot.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online