Monday, May 7, 2007

Mommy Monday


Milestones are so hard for us moms sometimes, aren't they? Lately, I am finding that the milestones that my children are reaching are really bothering me. My son is graduating from elementary school this year and moving to middle school. No, he is not grown yet, but it is just another step for him. My oldest daughter is not technically reaching a milestone, but just looking at her and listening to her makes my heart hurt. Where has the little girl gone? She is turning into a young lady right before my eyes and she is only in first grade!! What happened to the days where first graders played with Barbies and dolls? She is more interested in bras and makeup than playing. That makes me so sad! My three-year old is talking in sentences and is expressing her personality. She is not a baby anymore and she is sure to let you know that she doesn't need your help! All of these milestones have pushed me to a point where I am feeling a little lost and unneeded. Silly, I know, but sometimes I feel like they are all leaving me behind. I am in a weird spot in my life right now. It is a little uncomfortable, but it is a little exciting, too. I wonder what God has in store for me? I can't wait to see!


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


What are you thinking about this week in bloggydom? Drop me a line and let me know! Smiles and Loves! Janis

3 comments:

Erna said...

Aww, they are growing up. The comment on your daughter being in grade one and her interests made me reread the post. Wow! Kids mature so fast. I remember the day when playing with dolls faded around grade 5 or 6.

For me it's just seeing the oldest launch into some kind of formal learning and the baby becoming a little girl. Sigh!

Denise said...

Bless your heart , God has wonderful plans for you.

Laurel Wreath said...

I could have wrote this for my son, my middle is going into Middle School next year. It is now you realize as a Mother how fast time does go, that is what I am figuring out with my 13 year old.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online