Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday


"But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalms 5:11


1-I am thankful for God's protection-even when I don't know that I need it. There is no way to know how many times He has protected us from injury or worse. Thank You, Lord.

2-I am thankful for a husband that loves me even when I am irritating and in a bad mood. I am so blessed that God allowed me to marry him and spend my life with him.

3-I am thankful that my children love God. They are great kids and I am so blessed that I got to be their mommy!

4-I am thankful for the little weekend trip that we are taking. It is only to Gatlinburg, but I am hoping that it is full of laughter, fun, and bonding time between all of us.

5-I am thankful for my house. I want a bigger one, but I am thankful for this one that we have. Some people don't have a house of their own.

6-I am thankful for God's healing. Time after time, He has healed me and my children.

7-I am thankful for the sunshine that I can see out my window. I am tired of gray skies, rain, and cold. I am ready for spring and warmth.

8-I am thankful for my friends. There was a time in my life that I felt alone and without friends. God has blessed me so abundantly with both real life and cyberspace friends to share ups and downs with.

9-I am thankful for my family. Although we don't see eye-to-eye sometimes on God, I still thank them for loving me and supporting me through some very trying times.

What are you thankful for? To read more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

Smiles and Loves! Janis

13 comments:

Diane said...

Such a great list! We do have so much to be thankful for--don't we!

Diane
James 1:17

Nise' said...

Rejoicing over everyone's thankfulness today! It is so uplifting and encouraging. Thanks for sharing today. I love the picture of your doggie!

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Wonderful list! I'm especially thankful for #2 right now--when I don't feel great I am really crabby and my husband rolls with the punches.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your list, enjoy your trip.

Monkey Giggles said...

Thank you for sharing your heart today. Amen on all except number 7. The sunshine is not shining here. Still gray skies. But I believe he is shinning up there somewhere.

justabeachkat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're always welcome! I thought I'd pay you and visit too. I enjoyed many of your posts and will return again when I have a little more time. I love your list of "thankfuls". It's so true. We have so much to be thankful for.

Deena said...

I loved number 1 on your list...how often do we forget about His divine protection and intervention...and we don't even see what COULD have happened, because He is there...that was a WONDERFUl reminder:-)

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am thankful for the sunshine and the warmth it brings. I am thankful for quiet times while my kids nap. I am thankful for all God has blessed me with.

Susanne said...

Wonderful thankful list! So good to look at the things that God has blessed us with!

Jenn said...

Found you through Mercy Days. Thanks for reminding us to be thankful!

Chris said...

Great list of "thankfuls". I escpecially love #2 too!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

#8 - havent we all been there at sometime in our life? I think it's only by experiencing periods of loneliness that we can truly appreciate the friends God gives us later. xoxo

eph2810 said...

God's protection is awesome. I don't like to drive, but have to every day. I am glad that His hand is with me.

I am thrilled that you are able to get away this weekend...I think I need to plan something--to get away from the hustle-and-bustle. Talking about burn-out!...

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online