Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thankful Thursday and there is sooo much to be thankful for. This week is very special in the life of a Jesus-lover, because this is the week that He gave us hope. I thank Him for that. Here is the rest of my list for the week.


1)I am thankful for Jesus shedding His blood for me. I don't deserve even a drop of His blood, but He shed His blood to cover my numerous sins. I praise Him for that.

2)I am thankful for God sending His Son, Jesus, to this world. It had to be hard to watch His Son in such pain. I cannot even imagine.

3) I am thankful for a wonderful church. I am thankful that we have a Tenebrae service each year to remind us what Easter really means. It is one of the best services of the year. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a service that is done in very low light with the light gradually going out. The crucifixion story is read and by the time the story gets to the death of Jesus, the lights are completely out. The church is emptied and locked for the weekend and opened on Sunday morning when Christ rose. It is a service where people come out not talking, because it is very emotional.

4) I am thankful for my beautiful family.

5) I am thankful for my Christian friends-both in real life and in cyberspace.

6) I am thankful. I am thankful. My heart is just full.


I hope that you spend time in prayer and thought this week about the real meaning of Easter. Eggs, bunnies, and chicks are fun, but without the cross and the grave, we would be lost. Thank You, Jesus!

For more expressions of thankfulness, visit Iris at Sting My Heart. She is the wonderful hostess for this event!


Smiles and Loves! Janis

17 comments:

Amydeanne said...

I couldn't agree more with your list!!!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

We have much to be thankful for at Easter, don't we dear sister!?!?!

I enjoyed your blog today, as always. You make me smile.

devildogwife said...

Amen! May you have a blessed Easter weekend!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I love your list and enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much for sharing. May the Lord Bless you this Easter and always.

Angel

Diane said...

Yes, we do have so much to be thankful for!

Have a blessed Easter

Diane

julie said...

Have a blessed Easter with your family.

Deena said...

Very insightful and thankful post...loved it!

on the Rock said...

Wonderful thankfuls!
God Bless

Terri @ In His Hands said...

I love your list! I love your #6--I feel the same way!

Blessings~

Denise said...

What a wonderful list my friend, bless you.

Nise' said...

Thanks for sharing today! I would love to participate in a Tenebrae service.

Monkey Giggles said...

Amen...Amen ...to your whole list. Thank you for sharing. Smiles going out to ya.

Laurel Wreath said...

I read your list and after each one said...AMEN!!!

Great list, have a great Easter.

Julie said...

It's just that time of year, isn't it? We have so very much to be thankful for, and ALL because of Jesus.

Incredible!

eph2810 said...

We actually celebrate the Tenebrae service at my home congregation. And usually the turn the A/C way down too by the end of the service. I remember the first year I attended it...Oh my, still give me chills. Actually it gives me chills every year.

Thank you for sharing your thankful list with us this week.

Blessings to your Easter weekend.

Lauren S. said...

Beautiful post. I appreciate your thoughts!

Mommy Dearest said...

Yes, this is most definitely a week for thankfulness!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online