Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In Other Words...




"Ancient Words, ever true
Changing me and changing you
We have come with open hearts
O let the ancient words impart."
~ Lynn DeShazo~


"Do you know what I like the most about the Bible? I like that it is relevant for every generation and for any time. That is quite amazing if you think about it, because most books do not fit every generation. God gave Ancient Words to the writers that would mean just as much to us in the 21st century as they did to these men. That is astounding, isn’t it? No matter what problem that you have, the Bible can guide you to the right path. I want to be open to the Ancient Words that God has given to all of us, don’t you?

If you want to read more “In Other Words,” visit Loni at Joy in the Morning.

Smiles and Loves! Janis

8 comments:

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Janis,
You are so right about the Bible and Gods word lasting from generation to generation. May the Lord bless you to day and always.
I like your blog and picture . I will be back for a visit soon.

In his endless love,
Angel ():) Pearls of Wisdom

Dana said...

I think it is amazing that so many of us picked up on the words being relevant today. I've read several - including mine - Great Post. Thank you.

Jenny said...

It really is amazing that everything in the world around us has changed except the Word!

Denise said...

I really enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I loved this, Janis. You're so right...it is absolutely miraculous, really, that the Bible is as relevant today than when it was written. I'm sooo grateful for the Word of God!

julie said...

Amen. I totally agree!

eph2810 said...

You are right Janis. It is so true even though His word was written so long ago, it is very relevant in our life today...

Blessings to you and yours.

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

It amazes me sometimes to see notes in my Bible where I've read the same passage of scripture a few years earlier, and it struck me differently or met an entirely different need, yet that day there it is again, fresh and relevant. That's what I love about it.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online