Saturday, March 10, 2007

Weekend Wanderings

AHHH. The weekend is here-finally! I am over the stomach virus that claimed so many of my hours. My hubby is over it and no sign of the kids getting it again. That is so wonderful! Between colds, back problems, and stomach viruses over the last three weeks, I have not got much done around here. My house is cluttered on a normal basis, but taking a few days off makes it hard to live in and look at. I am about caught up on the laundry and I am starting on the rest of the house today with the help of my slaves, ummm, my children. I made them a list before I even left my bedroom this morning, which destroyed their fun, but there are only three things on each of their lists, so they can do them pretty quickly. Here are some things that are swirling in my head this morning.

Submission. Why do I have such a hard time with this? My mouth can get going so quickly and then I realize that I have made my husband mad. I feel so bad when we are ill at each other. I don't like that feeling. Here are some verses that I am contemplating this morning.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26

Nope-this is not me.

22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

I like to be in control. I have never realized it as strongly as I have over the last year, but I don't like to sit back and let someone else take the reins. Lord, help me to submit to You, first, and then to my husband. I don't want to do it alone, anymore.

That is my wanderings for now. What do you think about submission? Shoot me an email or comment to share!

Smiles and Loves! Janis

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi there, Janis,
I'm sorry you were down with stomach flu...it's so miserable. Thank God you're all well again!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online