Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tuesday's "In Other Words"


“To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing”

Breathing is essential to life. If you do not breathe, then you will die. Many people take breathing for granted. I do. I don't have to think about it-it is an automatic response. I don't have to think about it to do it. I just do it. There are people who have to put a lot of thought into their breathing, however, due to respiratory problems. In the area of prayer, we are much like both groups of these people at some time or another.

If I don't pray, then I begin to break down. I lose my focus. I lose my joy. I lose my peace. I lose myself. Prayer is something that I have to continually remind myself of. I am not proud of that, but it is true. I have to set time aside to pray to the One who gave me life. That is sad to me. Why? Because I take Him for granted, just like I do breathing. However, if the storms of life begin rolling in and my life gets rough, then I don't have to think about praying.

Prayer should be an essential part of a Christian's life. Without it, we will cease growing in Him. I don't want to be in the same spiritual place next year that I am right now. That is why I am trying to dedicate myself to prayer. It is not easy, but it will be well worth the time that I spend with my Jesus. He gave His life for me-how much more should I give to Him?

What do you think about this quote? Join Iris at Sting My Heart to read more!


Smiles and Loves! Janis

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, enjoyed your post.

Laurel Wreath said...

Jani, I too breakdown, this was beautiful!

Susanne said...

Praying is an essential part of a Christian's life. Why do I find it so hard sometimes. It really should be as natural as breathing.

eph2810 said...

Janis, I used to just shoot 'help me' prayers up - all the time...As I mentioned, since I read Martin Luther's thoughts on prayers, it changed my prayer life...I think we all have to learn to 'just do it'...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.

Blessings to you and yours...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online