Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Today is Thankful Thursday. I have missed a week or two of this, so I am glad to get back into feeling thankful. Here is my list for this week:

1. I am thankful for my Father. He is always there. He never leaves me or forsakes me. No one else is like Him and no one else knows me and my heart like He does. I am so thankful that He loves me and sees me through His eyes and not the eyes of the world.

2. I am thankful for my husband. He is so patient with me. He knows that God has been dealing with me concerning some submission issues and he doesn't beat me over the head with it, he is allowing me to learn from God. I love him for this.

3. I am thankful for my children. They each have a part of my heart that hurts when they hurt and is happy when they are happy. I don't think that they realize how special and precious each one of them is to me.

4. I am thankful for my church girlfriends. We are each very different, but we are unified through Christ. I am thankful for their love and encouragement. They pray for me and I pray for them. It is hard to find friends like that.

5. I am thankful for my life. God has big plans for me. He is sharpening me for a great purpose. I thank Him for reminding me of that.

6. I am thankful for you! Each of you bless me with your encouragement through comments, your blog posts, and your prayers.

Be thankful for what you have. God has richly blessed each and every one of us!

For more lists of thankfulness, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

Smiles and Loves! Janis

15 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Janis,
Nice Thursday list. I'm definitely thankful for my blog friends, as well.

Michelle said...

Great list ... thanks for reminding me of additional things to be thankful for!

Sharon said...

Your list is very touching. :)
How inspiring that you write "God has big plans for me". I know He does for all of us, and it's too easy to lose sight of that.
Thanks for putting things into perspective.

Have a great weekend!

Sandy T. said...

Love your list! God is awesome, isn't He? I am slowly but surely learning that whatever He has planned for me, I have to trust in Him. No matter what! Even when life trips me up and makes me fall hard.... I know I can count on Him to help me back up. And trust me, that is often. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come back and visit anytime!

Sharon said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! You have a nice list posted, and yes we all have much to be thankful for.

Deena said...

Great list...thanks for reminding me of those things...

Denise said...

Great post, really enjoyed it.

marlise said...

I enjoyed your list. Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen Marie said...

What an excellent list... I like your take on respect as well.

Hugs!

Lauren S. said...

What a wonderful list. You do have some wonderful things for which to be thankful! I love my church girlfriends too! They are the best kind to have!

Christine said...

Wonderful list, Janis! Being refined isn't easy but helps us know God isn't finished with us yet, and that in itself is a blessing.

Chris said...

What a sweet and warm list! I love what you wrote about your husband.

The Preacher's Wife said...

I am thankful to have been reunited with my childhood friend!!

Love ya Janis!!

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Aw, what a wonderful thankful list, Janis!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I love reading these thankful lists. We truly have so much to be grateful for! Thanks for your inspiring words.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online