Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thursday, so it is time to make up my list of things that I am thankful for. My heart is so full of thankfulness to God. He has been my rock and sustainer through many trials and heartaches. Here is my list.


- I am thankful for His Word. It encourages me, chastises me, and guides me all in one book. No other book can do this.


- I am thankful for His death. He gave it all for me. How can I give any less?


- I am thankful for His resurrection. Without it, we would have no hope.


- I am thankful for my husband. Even when I am in a bad mood, he still loves me.


- I am thankful for my children. Each one of them is a gift that I am so blessed by.


- I am thankful for friends-both bloggy and in real life. I even made contact with a friend from high school that blogs this week! It just makes you realize how small the world is.


Many of you commented on my picture from yesterday. That picture reminds me how precious life is. That is a picture of my nephew, Blake, who was born at 28 weeks weighing 1 pound 1 ounce and 11 inches long. He only lived three weeks, but he was perfectly formed and beautiful. What a miracle children are!


Blessings to you all! Smiles and Loves! Janis

13 comments:

Kelly said...

A wonderful list! I am especially thankful for His word, too. What a powerful "life manual" we have!

Deena said...

Thank you for your Thankful Thursday list...loved your comment on God's Word...how often I forget to allow it to correct my wayward heart...

Jennifer said...

Janis-I struggled with coming up with things that I was thankful for this week. Your list though reminds of the things we can be thankful for everyday.

Thank you for sharing-

Jennifer

Amydeanne said...

Great things to be thankful for!

Laurel Wreath said...

Wonderful list!! And that picture is amazing.

Linda said...

Hey, I'm thankful for your Thursday 13! I'm also thankful you took the time to comment on my post at Internet Cafe. Be blessed.

Christine said...

Thank you for your list today. That picture of your nephew is amazing. What a precious gift, and now he's with his Heavenly Father being cherished there.

I love your comment of your hubby loving you even when you're in a bad mood. I find myself telling my 4 year old often, "Mommy loves you even when you're crabby" (because she often is!).

Denise said...

Awesome list, thanks.

devildogwife said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful list and for the picture reminding us of how precious life and children really are.

eph2810 said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful list with us this week, Janis.
I am too grateful that He died and rose again.
Family is a beautiful thing and what a precious gift from God.

Blessings to you and yours.

PS: Thank you for clarifying the picture from yesterday...

org junkie said...

What a wonderful list...I especially love your description in your sidebar!
Thanks for visiting me today!
Laura

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I've seen you visit my blog lately, and came over for a visit. Anyone who loves God and the movie Dirty Dancing just warms my heart! You have to be R.E.A.L. to admit that! I still love the music. I'm putting you in my bloglines, to come get to know better. I see you mention you have a writer's heart and I'm looking for blogs to read along that line.

I also appreciate the visits to my mom's blog. They mean the world to her. xoxoxo

An Ordinary Mom said...

Children are indeed miracles! Thanks so much for such a lovely post. We all need reminders to be more grateful.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online