Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday


My heart is overflowing with thankfulness this morning. Here are a few things that I am thankful for today.
1. I am thankful for the Word of God. It can guide me, encourage me, correct me, and love me all in one book. I just love that!
2. I am thankful for this baby sleeping on my shoulder. She is not mine, but she fills that part of me that is missing having babies around. That is a blessing from God.
3. I am thankful for my relationship with my husband. He is always there for me-no matter what. He prays for me, loves me, and supports me. I couldn't ask for any better.
4. I am thankful for each of my children. Although each one was born to the same family, they are each different and I love their little differences!
5. I am thankful for my mom and dad. I wasn't an easy child, but they loved me and supported me. I love them more today than I ever have.
6. I am thankful for my friends. There was a time when I didn't have Godly friends and I felt so alone. God answered my prayer for friends.
7. I am thankful for my home. It is not the biggest or newest, but it is ours and that is more than some people have.
8. I am thankful for a full tummy. There are people, even in the U.S., who don't have that blessing.
9. I am thankful for all of you. Each blog that I visit offers me encouragement and wisdom. I thank you for allowing me into your "world."
10. I am thankful that God has a plan for my life, so I don't have to worry. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
What are you thankful for today? Join Iris at www.eph2810.com for more people being thankful! Smiles and Loves! Janis

11 comments:

devildogwife said...

That was a beautiful list. Thank you for sharing your blessings.

Denise said...

Your list made my heart smile, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Very wonderful. Thanks for sharing ;)! Eileen @ http://halfwayhome.wordpress.com

Kathleen Marie said...

I just love that scripture! Perfect! And your list was just so wonderful...what a blessing you are to share so much from your heart!

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Wonderful list. I'm having baby cravings big time!

I too feel blessed to have some godly friends in my life.

Blessings~

Butterfly Kisses said...

I really enjoyed your thankful list. :o)

eph2810 said...

What a wonderful thankful list you are sharing with us today, Janis. You are right, not all people have a roof over their head or a full tummy. I am always thankful for that. It could be different.

Have a blessed evening.

Cyndi said...

I was traveling and didn't get to participate this week, but I just LOVED your "thankful list." I have been so blessed just reading it, and share so many of the same. I'd add, that I'm thankful I visited your blog today!

Have a blessed weekend!

Christine said...

I love your list! I'm right there with you on most of them. Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Deborah and Sally said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog - found it on CWO. I like it a lot !
Hope you don't mind another sister visiting :)!
Great list, how easily it is to forget to be thankful !!
Deborah

Chris said...

Are you OK! I have missed having you around!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online