Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday




This is my first time to participate in Thankful Thursday, but I find that making a list of things that you are thankful for helps you to see the many blessings that God has given you. That is why I want to participate. Here are the things that I am thankful for today.

1. My loving and supportive husband. He is continually trying to get closer to God and that is one of the many reasons that I love him. He is an awesome man of God.
2. My children. Jacob, KellyAnn, and Abbie. You are each different, but I see God and His work in each one of you.
3. My church family. I have grown so much by watching and listening to each of them. They have supported me and help me up when I cannot take another step. They show me God's love each and every day.
4. A warm home
5. A car that runs
6. Food to fill our bellies
7. Laughs
8. Hugs and kisses
9. My blogging friends. I am constantly amazed by the insight that each of you has into God and His Word. It blesses me tremendously.

And last but definitely not least....
My Father, My Savior, My God. He is there for me, giving me the strength and peace to make it through every single day. Without Him, I am nothing.
Smiles and Loves! Janis

13 comments:

Sissy B. said...

A car that runs...I was just counting that blessing the other day...and blogging friends....what a support system I have found out here in the blogosphere!!

Terri said...

What a wonderful list!

I love that photograph of the sunset. Did you take that?

Blessings~

Laurel Wreath said...

I love the fact you added "hugs and kisses", I love those too!!!

Amy said...

I enjoyed reading your list :-)

eph2810 said...

Janis - you are right. Making a list of the thankful things has been a blessing for me as well. Thank you for sharing your list this week...

Let me know if you would like to be added to the blogroll :)...

Chris said...

A beautiful list Janis!

Julie said...

You know what I like about your list? It reminds us to be thankful for things we might be tempted to take for granted. Like a warm home, a good car.

And I definitely agree with you on #9. I would absolutely love to meet everyone in person some day!

momrn2 said...

Didn't take you long to catch on! :-) GREAT list!

julie said...

My youngest son is getting ready to take a week long missionary trip to Mexico to help build houses for the poor. I am so excited for him because a similar trip changed my life when I was a teen. We went to the dump in Mexico to minister to those who lived their. Their thankfulness for the most basic things (used clothing, blankets, food) was so overwhelming. When I start to get down because something isn't going my way I remember those families and count my blessing for all that I do have. Thanks for reminding me again of all that I have to be thankful for.

Cyndi said...

What a great list! Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for my car. It runs. It ain't pretty, but it runs. Oh, and hugs and kisses (even from my weenie dog) are just the *best*!! Thanks for reminding me of that today. :)

Chrixean said...

In times of distress and worries, laughs are indeed reasons to be thankful. Great list, DM! god bless you... My thankfuls are up as well :-)

Heather said...

Wow, I guess I didn't manage to comment on this last week. (things got crazy, your list was similar to mine with the addition of working appliances, except that right after I wrote mine our furnace went. :)thank you so much for your prayers as well.

Susanne said...

Beautiful list, Janice! I love these Thankful Thursdays. I haven't done one myself but reading other's really helps put the focus back where it should be!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online