Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Satan Is A Liar!




"Satan's ultimate lie is that you are capable of being the god of your own life, and his ultimate bondage is getting you to live as though his lie is truth."~ Neil Anderson ~


Satan is a liar. That is no surprise, is it? How many lies has Satan told you just today? Has he told you that God can't handle your problem? Has he told you that you can take care of your problem without God? If you have heard that running through your head today, then I just want to tell you that:


SATAN IS A LIAR!


I am guilty of believing his lies. I am guilty of trying to live my life my way and on my terms. I am guilty of not truly believing that God can handle a situation. If I could just engrave this thought into my brain, then my life would be much smoother. Just think of how your life could be if you would hand it all over to God. If you would hand over your:


husband


children


family


friends


finances


health


mind


body


spirit.


If you could just find a way to hand every area of your life to Him, and quit taking it on yourself to fix and repair, then it would all work out the way that God wants it to. God says in His Word to


"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 5:22


and


"Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7


He is not just talking about the big cares. He wants us to give Him even the smallest things. It is not necessary for us to worry about anything, for He can handle the load for us. I forget this often. I carry around the worry, the anxiety, and the pain because I feel that I can handle it myself, but that is not the way that He designed it. Satan wants me to think that I can handle it myself because he knows that in most cases I will fail miserably or will not be doing as God willed. The longer that I believe that lie, the more that I will try to do in my own power and before I know it, I will be entirely out of the will of God. It may begin with small things, but it will cycle to larger things the more that I believe him. I don't want this to happen. I want to live in God's will and under His protection. I want to hand it all over to Him. Why is it so hard?


CONTROL. I want control. I am uncomfortable if someone else, even if it is God, is in control of my life. I have to get over that. How? By giving Him the reins of my life each day, every hour, and even every minute if I have to. Then, and only then, can I break the cycle that this lie has brought into my life.


Lord, I ask that you take control over my life. I give you the control. I no longer want to drive and hold the reins. I stink at it. I run into things and overturn the wagon. Drive me in your will, Lord, and help me to be the woman that You want me to be. I praise You, Lord, for showing me today that Satan is a liar. Thank Your for your blessings and mercies. AMEN


If you want to read other "In Other Words," visit Christine at http://www.fruitinseason.blogspot.com. Smiles and Loves! Janis


9 comments:

Christine said...

I think we are all in the same boat! I struggle with the control, the worry, the lies, too. Thanks for bringing this to my attention today. I will work on giving all over to God!

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Satan is a liar and I love how you "shouted" it out for all to hear (or read in this case). If we all remembered that, it would be a lot easier to give God control. I have a hard time with that myself.
Today I'm giving my worry over to God and it's just amazing how much lighter I feel.

Have a wonderful week!

Crystal said...

Amen.....thanks for shouting it from the mountain tops.
Blessings

Denise said...

A great big amen to this, bless you,.

Lundie said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh this wanting to be in control is SUCH a PAIN!! I can put my life in God's hands and just MOMENTS later I'm snatching it back 'cause I know best! I'm praying that prayer right along with yout!

Cyndi said...

Oh, how I love the title of this post and oh, how I love the prayer at the end. I prayed it right along with you, sister. This was so, so good.

Kelly said...

I want to say, "Preach on!" SO much truth here--Satan IS a liar, and a darned good one. Reminds me to say in scripture so I can see through his lies.

Taya said...

Great post! I struggle a lot with control. It's very tiring! I need to daily surrender to God everything! Thanks!

Susanne said...

I so need to remind myself continuously that when I take control it never quite works out to the way God would have wanted it. Casting my care on Him and giving Him all control is something for me to definitely work on!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online