Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Name Change

I am having a hard time settling on a name for my blog? Why? I guess the best and most compelling reason is that I want it to sum up everything that is important to me. While this may be impossible, I am still trying to find something that sums me up. While I was searching for a Bible verse or something else to inspire me, I came across this verse in a different version than I had previously read. It really touched my heart, so I wanted to share it with you. It is from Romans 8:38-39 and this is from the Amplified Version of the Bible. Why did it touch me? It came to me while I was reading this that God loves me no matter what. No matter what I do, no matter what I say, and no matter what happens in my life, none of this can separate me from God's love. It says that I should be sure about that, persuaded about that, and convinced of that fact. God loves me so much that He sent His only Son to die for me-even with all of my faults. Why would he do that? Because of his all-encompassing love for me. Thank you, Lord, for loving me even when I am all full of the grime of this world. May there be more of you and less of me in 2007 so that others can see You shining through me.

What is your favorite Bible verse? Why does it speak to you?

UPDATE 1/4/07-God gave me a name! More on why this name in next post!

2 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Adorable name for your blog. My Verse is 1 Peter 3:15: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

julie said...

Love the name. My favorite verse is Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online