Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Homemaking Meme Fun

Lindsey, over at www.justenjoythejourney.blogspot.com, had this meme on her blog this morning and I really enjoyed reading it. Homemaking is not one of my strong points. I would much rather sit on the computer all day. I really have to make myself get my work done and this is something that God is working with me on. Have fun reading!


Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I do have some aprons that I purchased on Ebay. My favorite one is a dainty looking one that is lavender and flowery. It makes me feel like a little homemaker.
Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies
Clothesline – Y/N?
Nope, but would like to have one during the summer months.
Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No, but I keep meaning to try to make some.
Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Laundry
Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, we really don't have room, but I wish we did.
Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
No, our house is OLD!
Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The internet and my mom.
Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I hate it and can count on one hand the number of times that I have ironed in the last year.
Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Yes-kitchen
Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Red walls, white cabinets, and dark grey counter tops. New wood laminate floors. It is going to be apple themed, but I have not put up the backsplash yet. (another project unfinished)
Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Having an impact upon the home. I am the one who keeps it running smoothly and without me, it all falls apart.
Mop – Y/N?
Does Swiffering count?
Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Don't wear them unless necessary. If I do, then they get thrown in the washing machine.
Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
No window, so door opener.
Pizza – What do you put on yours?
My favorite pizza would be beef, pepperoni, black olives, and green olives
Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read blogs and check email, may read a book depending upon how long it has been since I checked email
Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
No, but I have lots of notebooks
Style of house – What style is your house?
1955 don't know
Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
No
Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
It is somewhat organized, but needs some help.
Vacuum – How many times per week?
Never. We have hardwood floors and I sweep and swiffer
Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Hmmm...I do at least 2 loads per day, except for on Monday when I usually have 5 or 6 loads, so that adds up to 14 or so a week.
X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I try to and my day goes much easier when I do
Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
I don't really do much unless I putter around with the flowerbed.
Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I turn off the lights, pick up anything that may be in the traffic zone in the living room (so I won't trip over it in the middle of the night), and check on kids.

This was fun! I realized that I have some room for improvement, however, and that is not fun! If this meme looked fun to you, then consider yourself tagged! Smiles and Loves! Janis

2 comments:

Julie said...

FYI ~ YES, Swiffering counts! I use the wet one and love it! Good night, where would I be without my Swiffer?

And I'm with you...I'd love to have a clothes line, but our HOA doesn't allow them.

Have a blessed day!

jenny said...

I just posted a Homemaking Meme on my blog. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online