Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dandelion Momma


Hi! I am now known as Dandelion Momma! I am in LOVE with this name for several reasons, but the most important one is that it sums up everything about me (the important parts, anyways) and it speaks to how I want my life to be, too!

I love how dandelions change from a beautiful flower, to a beautiful seed pod, and then the seeds scatter all over your yard to only create many, many more dandelions. I want my blog to be a tool that works just like this dandelion. Why? I want others to come and read my posts to be encouraged, to have a laugh, or to take something away from my post that causes them to think about their relationship with God or their family and friends. I want to be a seed carrier and when God blows His wind upon me, I spread the seeds of His love to the people who come into contact with me, whether it is in person or in the blog world.

Blessings on you all! Thanks for reading my blog here at Dandelion Momma! Smiles and Loves! Janis

7 comments:

Sissy B. said...

I love the new name ;)

karen said...

Nice!! Choosing a suitable name is one of the hardest parts of starting a blog!

Chris said...

I have always loved dandelions too! I have had many given to me by my children thinking it was a beautiful rose.

I love the name!

momrn2 said...

Perfect! Great name!

Susanne said...

Wonderful name! And I love the story behind it!

Kim said...

I love it! What a beautiful picture of sharing the gospel :)

Blessings

Erna said...

I like what you shared in this post about the dandelion. Very neat! I had contemplated using a dandelion in the picture of my blog at the onset because I liked the image of the seeds blowing in the wind. I was originally thinking along the lines of a traveler, sojourner, etc. I'm glad you found a name you enjoy and I do think you are accomplishing your desire to encourage or to have others take something away from your blog. God bless you & your blog!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online