Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Book Meme and Five Things That You Don't Know About Me Meme

My blogging friend, Lisa, at http://www.lisawrites.blogspot.com asked me to do this meme last week. Here is the gist of what I was supposed to do.


1) Grab the book closest to you.
2) Open to page 123, go down to the 4th sentence.
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog.
4) Name the author and book title.
5) Tag 3 people to do the same.

Here it is... (even though this one doesn't make sense and it only makes me hungry)

"'Well, Miss Julie, I...' Careful, boy. Careful, careful, careful...
A plastic plate loaded with cannelloni and swimming in marinara sauce clunked down on the table in front of him. Another one landed in front of Julie, then the waiter was gone."

Not much fun when it is in the middle of the story, now is it? This tidbit was from a wonderful fictional book by T.D. Jakes called Not Easily Broken. If you like fiction, then you will like this one that is about marriage. It was the closest book to me, sooooo I following directions!

Now, my blogging friend, Cyndi, at http://www.new-mercy.blogspot.com tagged me to do the Five Things That You Don't Know About Me meme, so here goes. They may not be thrilling or interesting, but I am sure that most of you don't know these little details about me.

1) If I have to sleep overnight somewhere else, my pillow of many, many years comes with me. I have taken it to the hospital for each birth, on a cruise, and on many vacations and trips. I cannot sleep well unless it is on this pillow.
2) I only buy Kraft cheese. I can tell if it is not Kraft cheese on my sandwich. I may eat it, but I will not like it. If it is American cheese, then it must be Kraft at my house. My husband thinks that this is crazy, but that is me.
3) I am the oldest of three. I was an only child for six years and really think that it should have stayed that way! TEEHEE! Just kidding!
4) My feet never stay still. Even if I am sitting, my feet are still moving. It doesn't burn many calories, though, as you can tell from my picture. My mom is the same way. Don't know why...
And last, but not least.
5)I read everything in sight. Even as a child, I would have to be reading. I would read cereal boxes, shampoo bottles, etc. to pass the time while eating, using the bathroom, etc. I cannot just sit and do nothing. I am working on that with God, though.

Now, you know five things about me and you read a portion of a book that I read. I don't think that I am going to tag specific people. If you haven't done one of these meme's then I think that you should. You know who I am talking to!

Smiles and Loves! Janis

3 comments:

aggiejenn said...

Thanks for praying for Malachi! His family really appreciates all the prayers for his healing.

Cyndi said...

Oh, I loved reading that! Okay, we have two things in commong: the pillow- I had one for years. Called it "foo-foo pillow". Even my kids would say, "Oh, yeah, that's mom's foo-foo pillow." LOL Well, my dog had an accident on foo-foo last year and that was that. I haven't slept since ::sigh:::...

AND, I read everything, too! I think that's why I'm addicted to blogging, because there's always something new to read. :)

So fun getting to "know" you better!

Lisa said...

Thanks for playing, Janis!

I totally get the cheese thing, except for me it's mayonnaise--only Helmann's! If there's no Helmann's to be had, I'll do without, thank you!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online